When Jason and I lived in San Antonio, he was stationed at Fort Sam Houston. I would usually accompany him on his trips to BAMC (Brooke Army Medical Center) whenever he had a doctor's appointment. The first time I went with him it was a very unique experience. There's a lot of sad things to see but there's also a really cool prevailing spirit in the faces of the veterans.I always have a good time when I'm with Jason but this trip to the VA was cool for a somewhat selfish reason. I've been looking for Butter Rum LifeSavers for almost a year now. I don't know what happened but it's like they went off the radar and disappeared. Like Bermuda Triangle disappeared. Everywhere I looked it was "We have Winter Green" or "We have these new sweet and sour pucker your face like your butt ones" but no Butter Rum.
Then in the PX while we were just browsing and killing time until his appointment, Jason grabs a fistful of candy and I'm thinking "Damn, my husband's suddenly craving a copious amount of candy for someone who proclaims to be "not that into sweets" when I see what beautiful bounty he holds in his clutches.
BUTTER RUM LIFE SAVERS!!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!
It was the beginning of a fine, fine day.

No comments:
Post a Comment